2. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
3. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.
4. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
5. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
6. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.